Dr. Shawanterra Moore
Superintendent Moore has a strong commitment to implementing the District’s educational vision:
- Building on the academic achievement and success of all students and preparing them for college and careers
- Maintaining a safe environment on all of our campuses that fosters student learning, personal growth, and equal access to a rigorous, standards-based curriculum
- Working collaboratively to address the needs of the District
- Developing strong, trusting, honest relationships with staff and stakeholders of the District
- Recognizing the successes of staff and building a cohesive team dedicated to serving the needs of our schools
- Partnering with government agencies, local businesses, and other members of the broader community to find innovative ways to tap into and support the learning of all the District’s students
Dr. Moore is entering her 16th year as an educator, the last five of which she has served as a Director and Associate Superintendent in the District. Prior to coming to the South San Francisco Unified School District, Dr. Moore served in a variety of administrative and teaching assignments, including as a high school principal, assistant principal and English teacher. Dr. Moore comes from a family of educators and she has appreciated and thoroughly enjoyed the various roles she has held.
Dr. Moore earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Santa Clara University. She holds a Master of Arts degree in Educational Leadership and a Doctorate of Educational Psychology degree, both from the University of the Pacific.