Welcome to the South San Francisco Unified School District Bond Website. On behalf of the District, and the Board, thank you to the voters of South San Francisco for their support in passing Measure J, and recognizing the importance of creating contemporary, safe, and clean learning environments for our students.
As the Bond Program moves forward, please stop by the website for information on the status of projects. Over the next several months, information will be updated on a regular basis, including: the Measure J Implementation Schedule, Project Updates, Construction Notices, and information for architects, consultants, and contractors.
PRE-QUALIFIED CONTRACTOR LIST
BID DATE CHANGED
New date: Tuesday, February 14th, 2017 at 2:00pm
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
DOCUMENT 00 11 16
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
- Notice is hereby given that the governing board (“Board”) of the South San Francisco Unified School District (“District”) will receive sealed bids for the following project, Bid No. 03-16, Buri Buri Elementary School
(“Project” or “Contract”): New School Replacement
- The Project consists of: construction of modular buildings including concrete foundations, slabs, modular building components per specified building system, mechanical, electrical, low-voltage, plumbing systems; kitchen equipment; interior & exterior finishes; site utilities; demolition & abatement of existing building; grading, paving, concrete sidewalks, curbs and gutters, site drainage, site lighting, landscape & irrigation, site furnishings, fencing & gates; and, installation of District-owned portables.The estimated cost of the work is $7,200,000.
- To bid on this Project, the Bidder is required to possess one or more of the following State of California contractor’s license(s): B
The Bidder's license(s) must remain active and in good standing throughout the term of the Contract.
- To bid on this Project, the Bidder is required to be registered as a public works contractor with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to the Labor Code.The Bidder’s registration must remain active throughout the term of the Contract.
- Contract Documents are available beginning on December 20, 2016, at no cost, at the District Facilities Office at 634 El Camino Real South San Francisco, CA 94080.In addition, Contract Documents are available for bidders’ review at the Peninsula Builder’s Exchange, (650) 591 – 4486.Plans and specifications can be viewed and downloaded on the District’s website at:www.ssfusd.org/mjbPlans and specifications can be purchased directly from ARC, 945 Bryant St. San Francisco, CA 94103 and electronically on Planwell from ARC.Phone (415)-537-2200.www.e-arc.com Reference SSFUSD Project No. 03-16, Buri Buri Elementary School, New School Replacement.
- Sealed bids will be received until 2:00 pm, February 14, 2017 at the District Facilities Office, South San Francisco, California, at or after which time the bids will be opened and publicly read aloud.Any bid that is submitted after this time shall be nonresponsive and returned to the bidder.Any claim by a bidder of error in its bid must be made in compliance with section 5100 et seq. of the Public Contract Code.
- Pursuant to Public Contract Code section 20111.6, only prequalified bidders will be eligible to submit a bid for contracts $1 million or more using or planning to use state bond funds.Any bid submitted by a bidder who is not prequalified shall be non-responsive and returned unopened to the bidder.Moreover, any bid listing subcontractors holding C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-36, C-38, C-42, C-43 or C-46 licenses, if used, who have not been prequalified, shall be deemed nonresponsive and will not be considered.
- All bids shall be on the form provided by the District.Each bid must conform and be responsive to all pertinent Contract Documents, including, but not limited to, the Instructions to Bidders.
- A bid bond by an admitted surety insurer on the form provided by the District, cash, or a cashier's check or a certified check, drawn to the order of the South San Francisco Unified School District, in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the total bid price, shall accompany the Bid Form and Proposal, as a guarantee that the Bidder will, within seven (7) calendar days after the date of the Notice of Award, enter into a contract with the District for the performance of the services as stipulated in the bid.
- Bidders are required to attend one mandatory pre-bid conference.Two pre-bid conferences are scheduled as follows: pre-bid conference and site visit #1 will be held on January 5, 2017, at 1:00 pm; pre-bid conference #2 will be held on January 17, 2017, at 1:00 pm.All participants are required to sign in front of the Administration Building, Buri Buri Elementary School, 325 Del Monte Street, South San Francisco, California.The site visit is expected to take approximately 1.5 hours. Failure to attend or tardiness will render bid ineligible.
- The successful Bidder shall be required to furnish a 100% Performance Bond and a 100% Payment Bond if it is awarded the Contract for the Work.
- The successful Bidder may substitute securities for any monies withheld by the District to ensure performance under the Contract, in accordance with the provisions of section 22300 of the Public Contract Code.
- The Contractor and all Subcontractors under the Contractor shall pay all workers on all Work performed pursuant to this Contract not less than the general prevailing rate of per diem wages and the general prevailing rate for holiday and overtime work as determined by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations, State of California, for the type of work performed and the locality in which the work is to be performed within the boundaries of the District, pursuant to section 1770 et seq. of the California Labor Code.Prevailing wage rates are also available from the District or on the Internet at: .
- This Project is subject to labor compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to Labor Code section 1771.4 and subject to the requirements of Title 8 of the California Code of Regulations.The Contractor and all Subcontractors under the Contractor shall furnish electronic certified payroll records directly to the Labor Commissioner weekly and within ten (10) days of any request by the District or the Labor Commissioner.The successful Bidder shall comply with all requirements of Division 2, Part 7, Chapter 1, Articles 1-5 of the Labor Code.
- The District has entered into a Project Labor Agreement that is applicable to this Project. Copies of the Project Labor Agreement are available upon request from the District.
- The District’s Board has found and determined that the following item(s) shall be used on this Project based on the purpose(s) indicated. (Public Contract Code section 3400(c).) A particular material, product, thing, or service is designated by specific brand or trade name for the following purpose(s):
- In order to match other products in use on a particular public improvement either completed or in the course of completion:Project Frog Modular Buildings
- The District shall award the Contract, if it awards it at all, to the lowest responsive responsible bidder based on:
A. The base bid amount only.
- The Board reserves the right to reject any and all bids and/or waive any irregularity in any bid received.If the District awards the Contract, the security of unsuccessful bidder(s) shall be returned within sixty (60) days from the time the award is made.Unless otherwise required by law, no bidder may withdraw its bid for ninety (90) days after the date of the bid opening.
END OF DOCUMENT
NOTICE TO PREQUALIFY - REPOSTED
The SSFUSD Board of Trustees approved the following prequalification packages:
03-16 Buri Buri ES New Building Construction
SSFUSD Board Makes Moves to Facilitate Construction Work
April 5, 2016
The South San Francisco Unified School District Board of Trustees has made several significant decisions regarding construction projects at District school sites.
The moves, designed to facilitate work as the District transitions to a new contracting system, were approved during the Board’s meeting on March 24. The decisions include:
• Priority will be given to finishing construction which has already begun.
• Short-term projects involving student and staff safety will be undertaken as soon as possible.
• Smaller projects that will allow work to proceed on impacted sites will be given priority.
• The use of a current modular building system will be continued.
• An in-house construction manager will continue to be sought.
• The District will utilize multiple contractors instead of a single contractor as had been done in the past.
The aim of the Board’s decisions is to continue its efforts to utilize taxpayer-approved Measure J construction bond funds efficiently and in an expeditious manner.