Welcome to the South San Francisco Unified School District Bond Website. On behalf of the District, and the Board, thank you to the voters of South San Francisco for their support in passing Measure J, and recognizing the importance of creating contemporary, safe, and clean learning environments for our students.
As the Bond Program moves forward, please stop by the website for information on the status of projects. Over the next several months, information will be updated on a regular basis, including: the Measure J Implementation Schedule, Project Updates, Construction Notices, and information for architects, consultants, and contractors.
Thursday, April 20th, 2017 at 2:00pm
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
DOCUMENT 00 11 16
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Notice is hereby given that the governing board (“Board”) of the South San Francisco Unified School District (“District”) will receive sealed bids for the following project, Bid No. 01-17, (“Project” or “Contract”):
Parkway Heights Middle School:
New School Replacement, Increment 1, Site Work
- The Project consists of:
Demolition of paving, existing stairs, handrails and other site related work. Grading for revised drainage, paving; backfill under existing walkways; new paving, new concrete block retaining wall, new ramp and stairs.
- To bid on this Project, the Bidder is required to possess one or more of the following State of California contractors’ license(s): A
The Bidder's license(s) must remain active and in good standing throughout the term of the Contract.
- To bid on this Project, the Bidder is required to be registered as a public works contractor with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to the Labor Code. The Bidder’s registration must remain active throughout the term of the Contract.
- Contract Documents are available beginning on March 20, 2017, at no cost, at the District Facilities Office at 634 El Camino Real South San Francisco, CA 94080. In addition, Contract Documents are available for bidders’ review at the Peninsula Builder’s Exchange, (650) 591 – 4486. Plans and specifications can be viewed and downloaded on the District’s website at: www.ssfusd.org/mjb Plans and specifications can be purchased directly from ARC, 945 Bryant St. San Francisco, CA 94103 and electronically on Planwell from ARC. Phone (415)-537-2200.
- Sealed bids will be received until 2:00p.m., April 20, 2017, at the District Facilities Office, 634 El Camino Real, South San Francisco, California 94080, at or after which time the bids will be opened and publicly read aloud. Any bid that is submitted after this time shall be nonresponsive and returned to the bidder. Any claim by a bidder of error in its bid must be made in compliance with section 5100 et seq. of the Public Contract Code.
- All bids shall be on the form provided by the District. Each bid must conform and be responsive to all pertinent Contract Documents, including, but not limited to, the Instructions to Bidders.
- A bid bond by an admitted surety insurer on the form provided by the District, cash, or a cashier's check or a certified check, drawn to the order of the South San Francisco Unified School District, in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the total bid price, shall accompany the Bid Form and Proposal, as a guarantee that the Bidder will, within seven (7) calendar days after the date of the Notice of Award, enter into a contract with the District for the performance of the services as stipulated in the bid.
- A voluntary pre-bid conference and site visit will be held on March 28, 2017 at 2:00 pm at Parkway Heights Middle School, 825 Park Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080. All participants meet in front of the Administration Building. The site visit is expected to take approximately 1 hour.
- The successful Bidder shall be required to furnish a 100% Performance Bond and a 100% Payment Bond if it is awarded the Contract for the Work.
- The successful Bidder may substitute securities for any monies withheld by the District to ensure performance under the Contract, in accordance with the provisions of section 22300 of the Public Contract Code.
- The Contractor and all Subcontractors under the Contractor shall pay all workers on all Work performed pursuant to this Contract not less than the general prevailing rate of per diem wages and the general prevailing rate for holiday and overtime work as determined by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations, State of California, for the type of work performed and the locality in which the work is to be performed within the boundaries of the District, pursuant to section 1770 et seq. of the California Labor Code. Prevailing wage rates are also available from the District or on the Internet at: .
- This Project is subject to labor compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to Labor Code section 1771.4 and subject to the requirements of Title 8 of the California Code of Regulations. The Contractor and all Subcontractors under the Contractor shall furnish electronic certified payroll records directly to the Labor Commissioner weekly and within ten (10) days of any request by the District or the Labor Commissioner. The successful Bidder shall comply with all requirements of Division 2, Part 7, Chapter 1, Articles 1-5 of the Labor Code.
- The District has entered into a Project Labor Agreement that is applicable to this Project. For questions or assistance concerning the Project Labor Agreement, contact William Savidge, Bond Management Consultant, email@example.com (510) 610.0601.
- The District shall award the Contract, if it awards it at all, to the lowest responsive responsible bidder based on:
- The base bid amount only.
- The Board reserves the right to reject any and all bids and/or waive any irregularity in any bid received. If the District awards the Contract, the security of unsuccessful bidder(s) shall be returned within sixty (60) days from the time the award is made. Unless otherwise required by law, no bidder may withdraw its bid for ninety (90) days after the date of the bid opening.
END OF DOCUMENT
Parkway MS - New School Replacement - Increment 1- Project 01/17
SSFUSD Board Makes Moves to Facilitate Construction Work
April 5, 2016
The South San Francisco Unified School District Board of Trustees has made several significant decisions regarding construction projects at District school sites.
The moves, designed to facilitate work as the District transitions to a new contracting system, were approved during the Board’s meeting on March 24. The decisions include:
• Priority will be given to finishing construction which has already begun.
• Short-term projects involving student and staff safety will be undertaken as soon as possible.
• Smaller projects that will allow work to proceed on impacted sites will be given priority.
• The use of a current modular building system will be continued.
• An in-house construction manager will continue to be sought.
• The District will utilize multiple contractors instead of a single contractor as had been done in the past.
The aim of the Board’s decisions is to continue its efforts to utilize taxpayer-approved Measure J construction bond funds efficiently and in an expeditious manner.