Placeholder text, please change
Departments » Student Services » Transitional Kindergarten

Transitional Kindergarten

Transitional kindergarten (TK) is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program. This program is optional and parents are not required to enroll.
South San Francisco Unified School District (SSFUSD) offers TK at the following schools, but locations are subject to change:
Buri Buri Elementary
Los Cerritos Elementary Skyline Elementary
Buri Buri Elementary
325 Del Monte Avenue
South San Francisco, CA
Los Cerritos Elementary
210 W. Orange Avenue
South San Francisco, CA
Skyline Elementary
55 Christen Avenue
Daly City, CA
Spruce Elementary   Sunshine Garden Elementary
Spruce Elementary
501 Spruce Avenue
South San Francisco, CA
Sunshine Gardens Elementary
1200 Miller Avenue
South San Francisco, CA

Applying for TK

  1. Check birthdate eligibility.

    Children born between September 2, 2017, and February 2, 2018, are eligible for the TK program in the 2022-23 school year.

    • Children who reach five (5) years of age after September 1, 2022, but before February 2, 2023.

    • Registration occurs after receiving a school assignment letter from district office.

    • Families applying in February may receive assignment letters mid-to-late March.

    • TK school assignments are not permanent placements. All students must register online with their school of residence for kindergarten.

  2. Submit an application.

    The application for the 2022-23 school year is available at: TK Application / Aplicacion    

    TK applications can be submitted in person at the district office or downloaded and submitted as a PDF e-mail attachment to jlangley[at] Photos of applications or faxed applications are NOT accepted.

  3. Receive your school assignment.

    The first round of assignments for the 2022-2023 was mailed in April 2022. Additional school assignments will be made in the order of applications received.  

  4. Verify your Residence / Gather Documents.

    Start the registration process by collecting the required documents to submit to your assigned school.
    Parents without a PG&E bill in their name can verify their residence by completing a residency affidavit at the district office. Once the residency affidavit has been approved, please bring the approved copy to your assigned school office.
  5. Register in person at your assigned school.

    For additional help, contact your school office. See above for locations and phone numbers.