New student registration for the 2023-2024 school year will begin in Early 2023
Check Age and Kindergarten Eligibility
For the 2023-2024 school year, students are eligible to enter:
- Kindergarten if the student is 5 years old on or before September 1, 2023
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) if their date of birth is between September 2, 2018 - April 2, 2019.
Start Registration Process
STEP 1: Find your child’s school of residence
- Find the school that serves your area of residence with the School Locator or SSFUSD Street Directory
- Parents without a PG&E bill in their name can verify their residence by completing proof of residence form in person at the District Office
- Students must be physically living with their parent/guardian within district boundaries at the time of registration (BP 51111 Education Code 48200). Ownership of real property within the district does not in and itself constitute residency.
STEP 3: Complete the registration process online using this link
- Step-by-step instructions for online registration are available in English, Spanish, and Tagalog
- Required registration documents can be uploaded to the online application or be given directly to the local school office.
- The office staff of the school of residence will review and verify the application and required registration documents. Documents must be complete and up-to-date in order to be accepted.
New student enrollment will be on a first-come-first-served basis. The District encourages parents to enroll early in the process. There is no guarantee of attendance in the student’s school of residence. The placement of each student is subject to capacity at each school. Please note that most schools are closed in June and July. Application review and processing resumes in August.
Transfer to a school other than the school of residence can be requested after completing registration here